June 20, 2020
Dear Dr. Ravindran,
I am pleased to inform you that you have been elected to serve as the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery advisor on the Advisory Board for General Dentistry, the peer reviewed journal of the Academy of General Dentistry.
As we discussed at the time you were informed of your nomination for this position, as a member of the General Dentistry Advisory Board, you may be asked to:
• Identify trends in the industry within your area of expertise;
• Help solicit clinical manuscripts in conjunction with journal staff;
• Serve as a sounding board for feature articles and individual manuscript ideas;
• Serve as a peer reviewer on occasion when the sensitive or timely nature of a manuscript precludes use of the journal’s regular reviewers;
• Raise visibility for the AGD and function as a goodwill ambassador.